It’s been a month since I resigned from work. I did the right thing – or so I thought. I still do, actually, but not as firmly as before. Qualms have recently started filling my thoughts, and I figured evaluating my decision-making prowess might prove useful.
33 days have come and gone, how am I doing so far?
1. Have I processed my clearance?
– No. (Note to self: clearance = $$$)
2. Have I removed my things from my office locker?
– No. Mr. Facility, hands off my things, please.
3. Have I finished reviewing at least one subject for MCAT?
– No. Stuck with Chemistry.
4. Have I submitted all school requirements?
– Sort of. Three items still to follow, but at least I was given a test permit. (Okay, it’s a no.)
5. Have I started my driving lesson?
– No, still unlearning the word “jumpy.”
6. Have I been helpful at home?
– Most definitely. Baby sitter in the morning, dish washer at noon, cashier-cashieran at night.
7. Have I attended any recreational/social events?
– Yes. A friend’s wedding and…ahm…that’s about it.
8. Have I met up with any friends from work?
– No. I had made a couple of promises which all lived up to the old saying.
9. Have I added any entries on my blog?
– Yes. This is the 6th. (Should 35 Twitter updates count? lol)
10. Have I saved up/earned anything?
– Yes. Home-based, baby! (I’m not talking about weight, which I happened to have earned, too.)
11. Have I read any books or watched any movies?
– Yes. Mary Higgins Clark’s Remember Me. Movie – nada.
12. Have I heard any Sunday mass?
– No, and not a bit proud of it. (I pray, though.)
13. Have I learned anything new?
– Yes, a bunch of basic and nice-to-know things that I did not care about before. (e.g., A comma or period in a quoted statement, phrase, or word should always be placed inside the “quotation mark.”)
– Sentimental blues I opt to keep to myself included.
14. Have I helped anybody apart from my family?
– Yes, picked up a dropped water jug for an old lady.
Tally = 7/14
Remarks: Needs improvement.
O! One thing more, am I well-rested?
7/15 = Fail.